Here’s an easy DIY project that doubles as a great gift! Give this DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub a try!
DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 2 cups white or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Natural Red food coloring (you can also use regular food coloring if you wish)
- Peppermint essential oil
- Mar jar(s) with lid (makes multiple 4oz and 1/2 pint jars or 1 full pint jar)
- Pour sugar into medium sized mixing bowl
- Add coconut oil until desired consistency is reached; stir
- Place a few drops of peppermint essential oil into the mixture
- Divide your sugar scrub mix into two equal portions
- Add a drop or two of food coloring into one of the portions until you reach the color of red you would like
- In Mason jar, alternate pink and white layers of sugars to create a “candy cane” effect. Press sugar down with a spoon to compact between layers.
- Attach a cute label to your jar and you have a great DIY gift anyone will be sure to love!